Welcome to Mrs. Sandoz's class!
What will we be working on in October?
- Finish Writing workshop on composing SCR's for fiction - quote sandwiches, unpacking prompts, organizing responses.
- Study Notice & Note Signposts for reading non-fiction - Kelly Gallagher Article and lessons on text structure and summarizing/paraphrasing
- Sentence of the Week Activities
- Vocabulary.com - story/info text lists plus Greek and Latin Roots word work
- Diagnostic for reading fiction and non-fiction
- Begin novel: The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - mid-October
CLICK ON ASSIGNMENTS IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER FOR COPIES OF HOMEWORK.
Supplies Needed for 2019-20 school year:
1/2" to 1" Binder for ELA only-2 sections-labels: #1 READING & #2 WRITING/LANGUAGE
Pens & pencils
Optional - Index cards, Headphones (earbuds), colored pencils
- GRADE 7 English Google Classroom - bbrmzu9 - Students can sign up on the first day of school (with their school Google account). I have set up the Google Classroom to have the availability of parent/guardian summaries. If you would like to receive them, please email me and provide the email address you would like them to go to. These will be set up after the start of the school year. Note: I do not use Classroom for grading. Grades will be in the portal.
- I use REMIND to send home updates about assignments, etc. Please sign up by texting. Text the message @sandozela7 to the number 81010. I strongly recommend ALL students sign up, and parents/guardians if they wish to know upcoming due dates.
- Please check the Parent Portal frequently. I often put notes in regarding assignments. The codes I use are as follows:
EXC - Excused from assignment, does not affect grade
INC - Incomplete work, counts as zero until complete
OWED- Owed/Not turned in, does not affect grade at this time, but for some reason not turned in (note on reason may be in portal) - may receive late penalty (10 points per day for graded assignments)
MIS - Never completed/handed in, counts as zero until complete
REDO - Asked to redo, grade not included at this time.
If the grade is blank, it has not been put in yet, although there may be notes. I often put assignments in before they have been turned in/before due date, so they will appear as blank. The blank does not count in the average.
- Homework - 10%
- Classwork - 10%
- Quizzes / Performance Tasks* - 30% (35% MP1)
- Tests / Performance Tasks* - 40% (45% MP1)
- Quarterly Assessment - 10% (n/a MP1)